Terms of Service for Shell Accounts:
- You are solely responsible for your account, as well as the actions of any persons whom you have given access to your account.
- You are responsible for operating your account and any services running on it. This includes any form of development that might be required for your service. (a.k.a. Coding, Building, etc)
- If your account includes the allowance for running server type services on our machine, then those services must be low bandwidth services. (MUDs, MUSHs, etc) You are not permitted to use your ports for high bandwidth services. If you are not sure if your service is considered high-bandwidth, ask us.
- The Edge Consulting reserves the right to shut down user processes/services that use more resources than the user is allowed. The Edge Consulting also reserves the right to suspend an account for not correcting the problems that cause an over-use of system resources.
- The Edge Consulting reserves the right to refuse service to anyone who we feel may pose a security, performance, or any other threat to our services.
In layman's terms, for folks who just want a shell account to run a MUD on or whatever reason: This means that it is your responsibility to administrate your account. You are also responsible for anything that happens to or on your account. Your account fees pay for space on our server. They do not pay for coding, building, or other administrative services. We do offer such services, but they are an additional fee. (We will of course help out where we can, such as answering questions about how to use the shell.) It also means that only low bandwidth services are allowed to be run on our server. Our server is not a place to host games such as Quake III.